Friday, July 11, 2008

Crust on my shirt

A friend of mine told me I would never have clean clothes again after having a baby. Lord knows I have tried to avoid becoming a stereotype, but here I am, with cookie crust on my shirt at work.

So far, every time I would catch some kind of stain from my little one on my clothing I would immediately change. Actually, I avoid picking her up with any of my nice, work clothes on. I wear my battle outfits around her, usually sweats. (yes, another stereotype). But, it's Friday morning at 5AM. Our seven AM producer already called to tell me that she can't find the tape of what airs in about two hours, so cookie on my shirt is the least of my worries.
Besides, I'm wearing a beige shirt and the cookie crust blends well. By the way, I love that the girl can eat a cookie, but do we need the cookie puree all over her mouth, shirt, pants, and carpet. I know we have to go through it, but my husband and I can't stand the mushy combination of food and drool. Poop we can deal with, spit up, no problem. Mushy cookie makes us gag.

To top it all off, Amelia rubbed her mushy cookie hands all over my legs yesterday and had a blast. I guess, I have to be thankful it was only my shirt that ended up with cookie crust.
So if you ever watch Around Town and you see some foreign speck on my blouse, now you know, the baby is eating solids.

No comments: